Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Here Comes the Sun!

Now that I got the past six months updated we can move on to better topics like how AWESOME today is! The sun was shining all day long and the temp reached the mid 60's! On top of the great weather, I got out of work an hour early and knocked out a four mile run that felt pretty damn good. Spring is almost here and it couldn't come soon enough.

I also found my chapstick in a drawer at work today which was another bonus to the day. I lost it at the end of last week and was pretty bummed because it is almost completely used up and everytime I buy a chapstick I end up losing it before i'm even halfway done with it. So far this one has survived and I'm determined to make this the first Burt's I've completely used up. Hey what can I say, it's the little things in life that bring me joy!

I checked the forecast today for the race saturday and even though it's supposed to hit mid 50's in the afternoon, they're saying it'll only be high 30's at the time of the race. Not optimum conditions but oh well, what can you do, this is Michigan. I learned my lesson last year and at the marathon; gloves, hat, long sleeve shirt and don't ditch any of it along the way! I'm also going to focus on not going out too fast since that seems to have been a problem in the past.

Oh I almost forgot, my buddy and I went for a 5k yesterday and finished right around 24 minutes flat so it looks like beating last years time is definitely possible for both of us. I'm excited for the race, it should be a great time, now I've just got to find my gloves and a green t-shirt. I mean come on it is the "Shamrock 5k" after all. I'm taking tomorrow off like I usually do and planning on an easy three or four miles for thursday, and a nice easy mile or two on friday.

 Hope your day has been as great as mine was!

No comments:

Post a Comment