My race Calendar is starting to shape up nicely! This is my current calendar of events:
- Kal-Haven Co-Ed Relay - March 24th
- Borgess Run For the Health of It 1/2 Marathon - May 6th
- 5/3 RiverBank 25K (pacing the 8:00 group) - May 12th
- North Country Trail Run 1/2 Marathon - August 25th
- Detroit Marathon - October 21st
Today I found yet another reason I can't wait for spring to arrive. As if running weren't enough reason. Lately if you're a Detroit Tigers fan we haven't had much in the good news department. First I heard Joel Zumaya was traded to Minnesota. I realize he's been injured more than not but I like the guy and when he's healthy he has one hell of a fastball. The second punch came last week finding out that Victor Martinez tore his ACL. This was a big blow to our lineup, but fear not for today it's come out that we've signed free agent Prince Fielder! BOOM! What's that you say? The Tigers have three of the biggest names in active baseball players? Damn straight we do! I'm now so excited for spring to get here it's not even funny.