Thursday, February 2, 2012

Splits I Wanted Last Weekend

It was 45 degrees tonight at 5:30 when I went for my run. This makes me happy. I wore shorts and a long sleeve shirt and it was perfect. Where can I move to that has winters like this every year?! I had not run since last Saturday's race so I wasn't sure how today's run would feel. After the race I was a little sore and with going to Ohio for a couple days I just wasn't feeling it so I decided a few days rest wouldn't be a bad thing.

I didn't really have any expectations or presumptions about today's run. I decided on a 7 mile route that could easily be cut shorter if I wasn't feeling it. Thankfully it felt pretty good. In fact I was able to find the speed I was missing during last weekend's race. Big difference - no ice!
I'm probably just weird but I like how the distance, time, and pace are all nice round numbers.

I felt great and was happy with the results. My hip was a little sore afterwards but fine during. I stretched and used the foam roller afterwards so hopefully that will help loosen it up some. It seems like I forget about stretching and using my foam roller pretty often. I'm going to try and make that more of a habit.

It was a little hilly today

Saturday's planned long run is a pace run so I'm going to try and get a few easy miles in tomorrow after work so I'm not stiff on Saturday. The pace run is going to be a 2 mile easy - 12 miles at pace  - 2 mile easy. I think our plan is a 7:00 pace but I really need to figure out a schedule. 7 is faster than my intended full marthon pace but slower than my half marathon pace so....yeah..... kinda hard to decide. It doesn't help that I'm planning on racing a half marathon the first weekend of May and then pacing one the last week of May. I've been running higher miles like I would if training for a marathon but as I discovered last week I need to start working on speed for the half. Kind of the reason I pushed the pace a little during today's run. I guess I'll just see who's doing what in the morning and go from there. That usually seems to work out haha.

2 comments:

  1. It's great when runs are better than expected, and very encouraging after a not so great run/race.

    I hear Seattle is pretty mild during winter, except for this year's freak snowstorm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the winter is confused everywhere this year haha! I've never been to the pacific northwest before but Oregon is for sure on my to do list!

      Delete